John 4:48 Signs and Wonders

 John 4:48 "Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders," Jesus told him, "you will never believe."

Jesus says that right before he performed his second miracle, which was the healing of a sick boy. It seems a bit of a harsh accusation. Or maybe this is just the straight truth. That it really is this hard for people to believe in Jesus without a supernatural sign.

God, what do you want to say to me this morning about this verse? 

Are you wanting me to be open to your signs and wonders again? Is this another breadcrumb .... something you need me to understand so that I can represent your love and truth in the places that don't know you?

You know that my heart associates signs and wonders with a time when there was also manipulation and deception in our church. Lord, heal my heart. Take away the hardness that I have developed over the years. Help me to be open to your miracles again. In Jesus name, Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John 6:35 Feast for eternity

John 1:19-28 - I am the Voice

John 6:53-57 Eat my flesh!